Certified Network Defender (CND)
- Certified Network Defender (CND ) is a vendor-neutral, hands-on, instructor-led comprehensive network security certification training program. It is a skills-based, lab intensive program based on a job-task analysis and cybersecurity education framework presented by the National Initiative of Cybersecurity Education (NICE). The course has also been mapped to global job roles and responsibilities and the Department of Defense (DoD) job roles for system/network administrators. The course is designed and developed after extensive market research and surveys.
- The program prepares network administrators on network security technologies and operations to attain Defense in-Depth network security preparedness. It covers the protect, detect and respond approach to network security. The course contains hands-on labs, based on major network security tools and techniques which will provide network administrators real world expertise on current network security technologies and operations. The study-kit provides you with over 10 GB of network security best practices, assessments and protection tools. The kit also contains templates for various network policies and a large number of white papers for additional learning.
WHY CERTIFIED NETWORK DEFENDER?
- Organizational focus on cyber defense is more important than ever as cyber breaches have a far greater financial impact and can cause broad reputational damage.
- Despite best efforts to prevent breaches, many organizations are still being compromised. Therefore organizations must have, as part of their defense mechanisms, trained network engineers who are focused on protecting, detecting, and responding to the threats on their networks.
- Network administrators spends a lot of time with network environments, and are familiar with network components, traffic, performance and utilization, network topology, location of each system, security policy, etc.
- So, organizations can be much better in defending themselves from vicious attacks if the IT and network administrators equipped with adequate network security skills. Thus Network administrator can play a significant role in network defense and become first line of defense for any organizations.
Exam title: Certified Network Defender (CND)
Number of questions: 100
Duration: 4 Hours
Test Format: Interactive Multiple Choice Questions