CyberTech Infosolutions provides the Top Ethical Hacking Course in Mumbai. Ethical Hacking Course of CyberTech Infosolutions is the information security training program for any students/professionals who will ever want to be in the Information Security Domain. The goal of this course is to help you master an Ethical hacking methodology and prepare you to mitigate the attacks and vulnerability of the system.
This course is designed to give you a scratch to expert level of training. Every topic of Ethical Hacking certification is sum up with the practical session, to have the best practical Knowledge and hands-on. You will learn how to Scan, Test, Hack and Secure target systems.
Ethical hacking is term used to describe hacking performed by an organization or person to help identify potential security threats on a system or network. An ethical hacker makes attempts to bypass system security or search for any weakness that could be exploited by actual Hackers. Inputs provided by ethical hacker is used by the organization to improve their system and network security and eliminate any potential risk.The term "Ethical Hacking" is criticized at times, people use to say that there is no such thing as an "ethical hacking". Hacking means only hacking, no matter how you do it and people who do the hacking are generally referred to as computer criminals or cyber criminals. However, the things done by ethical hackers for organizations is helping to improve system security and now it considered quite effective and successful. Individuals interested in growing career as an ethical hacker can pursue certification like CEH, ECSA,Diploma in Cyber Security.
WHAT IS HACKING ?
Hacking is identifying flaws/weakness in computer systems or networks to exploit its vulnerability to gain access.
WHO IS HACKER?
A Hacker is a person who search and exploits the vulnerability i.e. weaknesses in computer systems or networks to gain access. But an ETHICAL HACKER is one who is an information security expert who systematically attempts to gain access of a computer system, network, application or other computing resource on behalf of its owners and with their authority and prerequisite to find security vulnerabilities that a malicious hacker could potentially exploit.
An Ethical Hacker is also referred as a White Hat Hacker, is an information security expert who finds security vulnerabilities that a malicious hacker could potentially exploit.
WHAT IS ETHICAL HACKING?
Ethical hacking is term used to describe hacking performed by an organization or person to help identify potential security threats on a system or network. An ethical hacker make attempts to bypass system security or search for any weakness that could be exploited by actual Hackers. Inputs provided by ethical hacker is used by the organization to improve their system and network security and eliminate any potential risk.
To beat a hacker, you need to think and get ready like a hacker!
This is the process of penetrating one’s own computer or computers to which one has official permission to do so as to determine if vulnerabilities exist and to undertake preventive, corrective, and protective countermeasures before an attacker attacks to the system.
IMPORTANCE OF ETHICAL HACKING:
BENEFITS OF ETHICAL HACKING :
The primary benefit of ethical hacking is to prevent data from being stolen and misused by malicious attackers, as well as:
- Discovering vulnerabilities from an attacker’s point of view so that weak points can be fixed.
- Implementing a secure network that prevents security breaches, misconfigured firewall.
- Defending national security by protecting data from terrorists and unauthorized access.
- Helping to protect networks with real-world assessments.
TYPES OF ETHICAL HACKING?
It is no big secret that any systems, networks, websites, devices, etc., are often hacked. In order to understand how the attack might happen, what the damage could be and what is damage has happened, ethical hackers must know how to think like Black Hat Hacker (malicious hacker) and know the tools and techniques they are likely to use.
Web hacking :
- Web hacking refers to exploitation of applications via HTTP which can be done by manipulating the application via its graphical web interface, tampering the Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) or tampering HTTP elements not contained in the URI.
- Methods that can be used to hack web applications are SQL Injection attacks, Cross Site Scripting (XSS), Cross Site Request Forgeries (CSRF), Insecure Communications, etc.
- Tools used for web application hacking are Burp Suite, ZAP (Zed Attack Proxy), Nikto, Metasploit, etc.
- System hacking is defined as the compromise of computer systems and software to gain access to the target computer and steal or misuse their sensitive information and data. In this, the unethical hacker exploits the vulnerabilities in a computer system or network to gain unauthorized access to its data or take illegal advantage of it.
- The methods of System Hacking are password cracking, privilege escalation, spyware installation, and keylogging.
Toolsused for System Hacking are Guessing/Default passwords, Dictionary Attacks NMAP, OpenSSH, NIKTO, Nessus, Snort, John the Ripper, Nmap, Acunetix, Brute Force, etc.
Web Server hacking:
- Web server is a software system used for storing, processing, and delivering websites. It is designed to host web applications, allowing clients to access the hosted software, websites and applications. So black hat hackers attack on the web server to steal or tamper credential information, passwords, and business information.
- Web Server Hacking types are Website Defacement, DOS attack,Directory Traversal, Web Server Misconfiguration, HTTP Response Splitting Attacks.
Tools used for Web Server Hacking are WHOIS, Dumpster, Netcraft, Banner grabbing, Port scanning with Nmap, mirroring a website using HTTrack.
Hacking Wireless Network:
- One of the reason people are switching to wireless network is to overcome physical limitations. But from a hacker’s perspective, wireless network is an easy target to hack and sniff. A wireless network is the type of network that is wireless without physical connections and is commonly connected with a telecommunication network whose interconnections between nodes are implemented without the using cables and wires. The implementation usually takes place at the physical level or the network.
- Types of Wireless hacking/attacks are Jamming, Man-in-the-middle attack(MITM), Password Theft, War Driving, Packet Sniffing, Rouge Access Point, Bluetooth Attacks, WEP/WPA attacks.
Tools used for Wireless Hacking/ Wireless Network Hacking are Aircrack, AirSnort, Cain & Able, Kismet, NetStumbler, Wireshark, CoWPAtty, Airjack, etc.
- Social engineering is an art of convincing people to reveal confidential information. Common targets of this attacks include help desk personnel, technical support executive, system administrators, etc. Social Engineering depends on the fact that the people are unaware of their valuable information and careless about protecting it.
- Types of Social Engineering are Phishing, Vishing, Shoulder Surfing, Baiting, Tail gating, Quid Pro Quo, Pop-up Window Attack, Spam Mail, dumpster Diving, Eavesdropping, Spam Mail, etc.
Tools used for Social Engineering are Maltego, Burner Phone, Caller ID Spoofing, PhishTank, etc.
TYPES OF HACKERS :
WHITE HAT HACKER:
Ethical hackers are also known as WHITE HAT HACKER. This type of hacker does not intend to harm the system or organization but they do so, with permission and prerequisite, to penetrate and locate the vulnerabilities, providing solutions to fix them to ensure safety.
BLACK HAT HACKER:
A Black-Hat hacker is an individual who attempts to gain unauthorized access into a computer or network to exploit them for their selfish reasons. The black-hat hacker does not have any permission or authority. They intention is to try to damage by compromising security systems, altering functions of websites and networks, or shutting down systems. They often do to steal or gain access to passwords, financial information, monetary benefits and other personal data.
GREY HAT HACKER:
Grey Hat Hacker exploit networks and computer systems in the way that Black Hats do, but do so without any malicious intent, disclosing all loopholes and vulnerabilities to law enforcement agencies or intelligence agencies.
Usually, they surf through internet and hack computer systems to notify the administrator or the owner that their system/network contains one or more vulnerabilities that must be fixed immediately. Grey Hat Hacker may also obtain the threat(s) the hacked, offering to correct the defect for a nominal fee.
PHASES OF HACKING/ STEPS OF HACKING :
There are mainly five phases in hacking. It’s a stepwise process and when followed yields a better result. The following are the steps of Ethical Hacking :
- Planning and Reconnaissance
- Gaining Access
- Maintaining Access
- Clearing Tracks
Planning and Reconnaissance :
The first step in ethical hacking is to define the scope and goals of a test as well as the testing methods to be followed. It also addresses intelligence to understand the potential vulnerabilities and how a target works. The prospective footprinting is made through search engines, web services, social network sites, DNS, email, network, etc. by using footprinting tools.
In the second step, scanning is performed to understand how a target reacts to various intrusion attempts, in two ways – when the application’s code is static and when the application’s code is functioning. The later is the most practical way to understand the application’s performance in real-time.Hackers are now probably seeking any information that can help them in attack
Gaining Access :
This is a crucial step where the web application is attacked using SQL injections, cross-site scripting, backdoors, etc. to find the vulnerabilities and then exploit them by stealing, intercepting traffic, and interfering privileges to understand the amount of damage that it can cause.
Maintaining Access :
In this step of penetration testing, the vulnerability is used as a persistent presence for a long duration in the infected system in order to steal sensitive information or to spread inside the network, quickly gaining access to the server.
The final stage of a penetration test is to compile the result by analyzing and commenting about the vulnerabilities exploited, access to the data, and the amount of time that the tester can remain unnoticed in the system.
PURPOSE OF ETHICAL HACKING :
There are numbers of ways Ethical Hacker can help organizations :
-Helping Government Organisation In Security Analysis
-Giving #CyberSeurity Protection Assurance to Data & Product
-Find vulnerabilities & Loop Holes
-Demonstrating methods used by #Cybercriminal
-Helping to prepare for a Cyber Attack
ABOUT THE EXAM:
Number of Questions: 60
Test Duration: 2 Hours 30 Minutes
Test Format: Multiple Choice, Practical
Test Delivery: EH EXAM, CITY-DADAR_CYBERTECH_INFOSOLUTIONS